Are you getting a flashing question mark when you startup Mac system? Looking for solution to fix Mac error folder with question mark? Well, then you don’t need to wander more as you are reading the right post.
If you are getting flashing on your Mac system whenever you startup then it means that Mac system is unable to find system software. However, sometimes it happens that it appears for short time that means for a few seconds and then after if Mac system starts then you need to reselect your start-up disk from system preferences. It’s very easy to do so but for newbie of non-technical person this may seems hard but don’t need to desperate as we are providing you simple step:-
- From Apple menu > Select System preferences
- Click startup disk icon from System Preferences Windows.
- Choose icon of the volume you usually use to start up your computer(Mostly named as “Macintosh HD”)
- Now, completing activity close System Preferences Windows.
Hope going through this very step the issue for Mac error folder with question mark gets resolved but in case it fails and situation continues to be same then try the below stated steps:-
- Turn Off your Mac system for a few seconds by pressing and holding the power button.
- Now, turn it ON. As soon as you hear start-up sound press and hold command and R keys to start your Mac from OS X recovery. Until you see Apple logo or the global appear press holding these two keys( command and R keys)
- If prompted connect to Internet or select wi-fi network as part of startup.
- Once, you see Recovery screen click Apple menu and choose start-up disk.
- Now select start-up disk and Restart
May this steps resolved the issue but sometime it happens that you don’t see start-up disk. If you are not seeing start-up disk listed in Start-up Disk Window, then just close window as your start-up disk need directory repair. Go through the below stated steps for directory repair:-
- From Recovery Window open Disk Utility.
- From Disk Utility window select start-up disk from left side of window.
- Click at first Aid tab.
- Click Repair Disk Button to verify and repair any issues with your start-up disk.
- Once your disk is successfully gets repaired, close disk utility application.
- Now, close Apple menu and then after choose Start-up disk> click Restart.
Going through the step you will find your issue resolved but if still you are start-up disk then you need to re-install OS X.
If disk utility find issues with your start-up disk and states that it can’t be repair then you need to reformat it. However, re-formatting we highly recommended you to keep data backup as re-formatting will erase all data. For backup choose an external drive like firewire hard drive better be of same or more capacity than the data capacity you want to backup. Now use OS X recovery to erase external hard drive and then re-install OS X. Once installation gets completed Mac system will automatically restarts from external hard drive. But as soon as Set-up Assistant appears select option to migrate your data from another disk.
After data backup completed use OS X recovery to erase built-in start up disk and then after re-install OS X. when installation gets completed your Mac system automatically re-starts from your built in starts-up disk. After you erase your start-up disk and re-install OS X , Mac will automatically starts up and Setup Assistance appears onto system screen. Now, to backup your backup data select option from Setup Assistance to migrate your data from Time machine backup or the disk into which you have backup your data. Now after completion of data backup choose external drive as the source to migrate your data from and then after complete Set Assistance.
Undoubtedly, time machine backup is an effective way to restore your data but sometimes it happens that time machine didn’t initialize or gets corrupted. In such situation user might gets frustrated but you don’t you need to be so as you can retrieve data you lost using File Recovery Mac Software. No doubt file are important in many aspects and no one ever want to lose them but in spite including re-formatting or re-installing there are number of reasons that leads to data loss. Losing precious file such as pictures, important documents, videos and other files is really inadmissible but using File Recovery Mac Software it’s possible to recover data. Talking about the tool then it’s an excellent data recovery tool designed with simple and interactive interface using which user can easily you can easily retrieve data in easy manner. Moreover, the very tool is compatible with all latest version of Mac OS X and able to recover data irrespective of formats and file size. Thus, you need to make use of File Recovery Mac Software to recover data you lost in order to solve Mac error folder with question mark.